Independent safety and security consultants for the built environment
Since 2003, SGW has been providing independent security consultant, safety consultant, risk management, security engineering and CCTV consultant services to the built environment. After a few years of trading, the company has become recognized by many of our peers as one of the leading independent security consultancies in the UK, importantly maintaining our boutique status to be small enough to be readily responsive, if necessary, able to make quick management decisions often needed for fast moving projects, yet be large enough with the appropriately qualified human resource to consult on the most complex and demanding of security projects.
Planning Today – Protecting Tomorrow – SGW is a global independent security consultancy practice
With resources in the UK and the Middle East SGW are able to easily deliver projects for clients with distributed business operations, such as architects, developers, financial institutions, FM providers and engineering consultancies. SGW work in partnership with our clients, striving to provide knowledge, expertise, innovation, enthusiasm and value-added solutions for any project or client requirement. We work in a number of vertical market sectors across the built environment.
Working internationally, we recognize that an overlap of parallel services often exists between fire, life safety, counter-terrorism and security disciplines, with many client’s preferring the ‘one-stop umbrella approach’ to ensure consistency of service.
Safety & Security Training Services
SGW recognizes the importance of focused training to ensure an organisation’s human resource teams are competent to deliver and manage effective fire, life safety and security strategies seamlessly as part of an overall holistic approach. We deliver a range of off-the-shelf and bespoke courses, written and delivered by experienced trainers to clients around the world.
Benefiting from hands-on consulting expertise in security, fire and counter terrorism enables us to provide integrated tuition across current legislative and relative subject related disciplines. Courses are designed to suit all levels – from newcomers to the business through to seasoned professionals; from system operators, installers and supervisors through to managers and directors. All are offered at our excellent facilities in Nottingham or London (UK) and Dubai (UAE), or at the client’s site – which could be anywhere in the world.
SGW provides highly qualified & experienced security consultants who help our international clients create secure environments
Why choose SGW?
For 13 years, SGW has been a leading international safety & security consultancy, with a portfolio of complimentary training courses added to our services portfolio from 2011. We take pride in what we do and are committed to ensuring that the end product of our consultancy work and training course programmes is always of a high standard which not only complies with both contractual and legislative requirements, but which exceeds customer expectations. Here are just a few reasons why you should choose SGW for your next consulting project or training course provider: –
- We are an independent and unbiased firm of safety & security professionals;
- We are focused on providing professionally prepared reports, drawings, cost plans and advice which is clear, concise and which ultimately allows our client to make an informed decision;
- We employ highly qualified and experienced people, including individuals who are Chartered Security Professionals (CSyP), Certified Protection Professionals (CPP), Physical Security Professionals (PSP), Members of the Register of Security Engineers and Specialists (RSES), and some who hold a Masters Degree (MSc) in engineering, security or counter-terrorism disciplines;
- We are fully conversant with international standards for Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Safety and Security Systems & Counter-Terrorism countermeasures for the protection of people, property and the built environment and are committed to continued professional development (CPD) across our teams, to ensure we are suitably qualified to provide professional and meaningful advice;
- We have a proven track record in providing safety and security engineering solutions for landmark buildings worldwide;
- We tailor our service to an individual clients requirements and offer competitively priced fee quotations focused on desired outcomes for a project;
- We have an international reach, with offices in the United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia;
- Our systems and business processes are externally accredited by the British Standards Institution (BSI) to ISO 9001 standard;
- We are a Highfield Awarding Body – Approved Centre, which means we can offer externally accredited certified training;
- We are a Dubai Police – Department of Protective Systems (DPS) licenced consultant for the category ‘Security Studies & Consultancies’;
- We have successfully supported architects and developers to attain the appropriate non objection certificates (NOC’s) in relation to the requirements of the Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council (UPC) – Safety & Security Planning Manual (SSPM);
- We are fully conversant with the Saudi Arabia – High Commission for Industrial Security (HCIS) safety and security directives and can provide security vulnerability assessments (SVA’s), Concept of Design and Front End Engineering Design (FEED) for physical and electronic safety and security systems;
- We can support a project from the initial assessment at concept master plan phase, across all workstages, to final witness testing and handover;
- We will consult or train, anywhere in the world.