Since 2003, SGW has been providing independent security consultant, safety consultant, risk management, security engineering and CCTV consultant services to the built environment. After a few years of trading, the company has become recognised by many of our peers as one of the leading independent security consultancies in the UK, importantly maintaining our boutique status to be small enough to be readily responsive, if necessary, able to make quick management decisions often needed for fast moving projects, yet large enough with the appropriately qualified human resource to consult on the most complex and demanding of security projects.
With resources in the UK and the Middle East, SGW are able to easily deliver projects for clients with distributed business operations such as; architects, developers, financial institutions, FM providers and engineering consultancies. SGW work in partnership with our clients, striving to provide knowledge, expertise, innovation, enthusiasm and value-added solutions for any project or client requirement. We work in a number of vertical market sectors across the built environment.
Working internationally, we recognise that an overlap of parallel services often exists between fire, life safety, counter-terrorism and security disciplines, with many client’s preferring the ‘one-stop umbrella approach’ to ensure consistency of service.
SGW recognises the importance of focused training to ensure an organisation’s human resource teams are competent to deliver and manage effective fire, life safety and security strategies seamlessly, as part of an overall holistic approach. We deliver a range of off-the-shelf and bespoke courses, written and delivered by experienced trainers to clients around the world.
Benefiting from hands-on consulting expertise in security, fire and counter terrorism enables us to provide integrated tuition across current legislative and relative subject related disciplines. Courses are designed to suit all levels – from newcomers to the business through to seasoned professionals; from system operators, installers and supervisors, through to managers and directors. All are offered at our excellent facilities in Nottingham or London (UK) and Dubai (UAE), or at the client’s site – which could be anywhere in the world.
Our team of security specialists come from diverse backgrounds, with qualifications and experience in risk assessment and management, physical and technical security, as well as operational security. The engineering team are as comfortable discussing the advantages and disadvantages of a particular type of twisted pair cable, camera assembly or intrusion detection device, as they are discussing high-level security strategy objectives. This holistic approach to security is our primary strength, that sets us apart from many other consultancies. This allows SGW to interface with a client to articulate and explain security systems, technical design issues and ensure that operational security requirements align to technical specifications.
Here are just a few reasons why you should choose SGW for your next consulting project or training course provider: –
• We are an independent and unbiased safety & security consultancy
• We are focused on providing professionally prepared reports, drawings, cost plans and advice which is clear, concise and which ultimately allows our clients to make an informed decision
• We employ highly-qualified and experienced people, including individuals who are Chartered Security Professionals (CSyP), Certified Protection Professionals (CPP), Physical Security Professionals (PSP), Members of the Register of Security Engineers and Specialists (RSES), and who hold a Master’s Degree (MSc) in engineering, security or counter-terrorism disciplines;
• We are fully conversant with international standards for Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Safety and Security Systems & Counter-Terrorism counter measures for the protection of people, property and the built environment, and are committed to continued professional development (CPD) across our teams, to ensure we are suitably qualified to provide professional and meaningful advice;
• We have a proven track record in providing safety and security engineering solutions for landmark buildings worldwide;
• We tailor our service to an individual client’s requirements, and offer competitively priced fee quotations focused on desired outcomes for a project;
• We have an international reach, with offices in the United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia;
• Our systems and business processes are externally accredited by the British Standards Institution (BSI)to ISO 9001;
• We are a Dubai Police – Security Industry Regulatory Agency (SIRA) licenced consultant for the category ‘Security Studies & Consultancies’;
• We have successfully supported architects and developers to attain the appropriate non-objection certificates (NOC’s) in relation to the requirements of the Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council (UPC) – Safety & Security Planning Manual (SSPM);
• We are fully conversant with the Saudi Arabia – High Commission for Industrial Security (HCIS)safety and security directives and can provide security vulnerability assessments (SVA’s), Concept of Design and Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) for physical, electronic safety and security systems;
• We can support a project from the initial assessment at concept master plan phase, across all work stages, to final witness testing and handover;
• We will consult anywhere in the world.